Author Topic: NEW Lunar series by Shanghai mint - Fantasy lunar series  (Read 67 times)

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
    • www.numicconnection.com
Re: NEW Lunar series by Shanghai mint - Fantasy lunar series
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 08:16:07 PM »
It is a pig or dragon ? It just follow the china ancient story which dragon was a transform from pig. Rarely you will hear it and know it even you are chinese. Is that truth ????? no sure. However, it is Fantasy lunar series which need your creative & wild thinking.

www.numicconnection.com Here our webpage for all numic & other collectible items.

I am not affiliated to chinessemedals.com and Barsenault since May 2017. You will notice a soap opera and drama are happening.

email andrewlee10@hotmail.com for forum member application. Non-member unable view photo

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 08:12:49 PM »
What next !!!! the broken teeth which means he is brave to protect and guard you because he dare to loss a teeth and all in to protect and guard you. This is a design element to show power and determination.

www.numicconnection.com Here our webpage for all numic & other collectible items.

I am not affiliated to chinessemedals.com and Barsenault since May 2017. You will notice a soap opera and drama are happening.

email andrewlee10@hotmail.com for forum member application. Non-member unable view photo

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 08:10:39 PM »
You will realise this wild boar has loss a eyes in battle. is that mint defect and error? No. it is designer concept which you can more one eyes focal can make you more focus.

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
NEW Lunar series by Shanghai mint - Fantasy lunar series
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 08:05:37 PM »
The belate NEW Lunar series by Shanghai mint - Fantasy lunar series will be releasing soon. The first lunar of the series is pig that design by 朱熙华.

Plan Mintage 666, actual minted 300
Diameter : 99 mm
Material : copper & brass Bimetallic

It is first 99 mm diameter which no big deal for me.

Bimet - which Nanjing Mint has done it few years ago for the high relief non fiat coin aka medal.

It brings in the ancient china door handle concept into the design of the non fiat coin. This door handle considering as guardian of the house in china culture. I guess this the reason he choose a wild boar instead of pig. this make the cutty pig look fierce which I do not like it personally.

Mechanical merging into the full design which means guard and protection

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk