Author Topic: Half Oz Silver Panda Collection  (Read 49 times)

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
    • www.numicconnection.com
Re: Half Oz Silver Panda Collection
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 01:36:59 AM »
Silver and gold coin price have up recently due to spot rate.

I have sold my half oz to get a MS70 set. I sell at wrong timing.

www.numicconnection.com Here our webpage for all numic & other collectible items.

I am not affiliated to chinessemedals.com and Barsenault since May 2017. You will notice a soap opera and drama are happening.

email andrewlee10@hotmail.com for forum member application. Non-member unable view photo

Offline perfulator

• Global Moderator
Re: Half Oz Silver Panda Collection
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 04:05:49 PM »
Sure look forward to that! I'm also an avid collector of these neglected pieces, and for the same reason as you. They are usually very affordable and offer a wealth of oportunities to discover varieties. A mystery to me why most people neglect them, but good for us as it keeps prices down. For how long??

I do have a solid bunch of them and although the 94 frosted gap has been know in the market for quite some time, I think I was the first to get that one accepted by NGC to grade as a specific type. Well, at time of shipment, there were none, and at time of receipt there were one more, so who knows. Anyway I feel that type counts for around 10% (my qualified guess) so not that difficult to pick up still.

The only year I have not been able to add any types still after a lot of study, is 1993. I hope you some juicy news on 1993 and the other years. Actually I was thinking doing the same as you, to give a series of postings on the 1/2 yuans, but now I can just relax, sit back and enjoy  ;D

Offline mynumismatic88

Half Oz Silver Panda Collection
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 01:23:09 AM »
Half Oz silver panda is one of my favorite panda to collect. China Mint used to produce half Oz silver panda from 1993 to 1998 and it stop produce have Oz since then. I have been collecting this half Oz Silver Panda since five years back. And it never stop suprise me. Why? I suppose to collect 6 of this half Oz Panda as each year it produce ony one panda. And after I finsih all six pieces and then people willthen announce there is new discovery and I will start study again. I need to restudy again as often the information given is too little for you to search for it in the market. For example, someone just tell you that there is new variety for 1994 Half Oz Panda call "Frosted Gap". So what deos it mean? As I am not from base in China and it is not logic for me to buy bulk 1994 half Oz Panda to study, the only thing I can do is to search for the image of it online. And then I will compare one by one. After find out the what does it really mean by "Frosted Gap" then the next fund job is to hunt for it in market. Isn't it fund?! Well, with that I ended up collecting twelve pieces now. :)
I will share variety for each year later in other post. Enjoy!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk