Author Topic: 2020 panda gold coin discussion and observation  (Read 38 times)

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
    • www.numicconnection.com
2020 panda gold coin discussion and observation
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 07:49:28 PM »
USA-chin trade war, corona virus 19 lead to country lock down, economic slow down and fall into recession and others span from 2019 to 2020. All those big incidents has affect the precious metals spot rate, demand and supply and physical stock availability.

Let discussed and focus on Gold panda 2020 in this context. Gold panda mintage keeps increasing since the first launch in 1982 with the mintage of 1 oz (5,815) 1/2 oz (13,300), 1/4 oz (40,100), 1/10 (75,100) than year 2019 30 gram (1,000,000), 15 gram (600,000), 8 g (600,000), 3 g (600,000) and 1 g (1,000,000). This indicate the demand has increased from 1982 to now significantly due to the charming panda.

The 2020 Gold panda planned mintage remain stable. However, the USA-chin trade war, corona virus 19 lead to country lock down, economic slow down and fall into recession and others span from 2019 to 2020. All those incidents have affected the precious metals spot rate, demand and supply and physical stock availability.

Do anyone of you notice which there is lesser and even hardly see any First Day issue NGC gold panda and 1 of xxxx minted NGC gold panda coins are available and sell in Market?

Do you notice the gold panda coin available to sell in Foreign countries other than china are late as comparing to others years?

Do you aware the premium on gold panda coin has add on USA tariff to china in USA that not mainly due to increase in spot rate and closed down of miner and mints during the country lock down and before the corona virus 19?

All above are interrelated to those incidents mentions by me earlier.

I deduce the lock down did affecting the minting and supply in the market. The tension of trade war between USA and china that increase the selling price of panda coin in USA due to USA tariff also affect the purchase power of panda collector in USA BUT not other countries. The economic uncertainties and recession with high unemployment rate globally and increasing in gold spot rate did affect the demand and purchase power of panda gold coin in general. Those are the reasons of the above 3 questions mentioned by me earlier.

Generally, the current panda coins will stop minting in between August to October in particular year if no exception taking place. Another 3 to 5 months to go which no more 2020 gold panda coins will mint. We are suffering lock down since March till May in most countries. in General, our pocket been affected in varying so China did implemented market demand monitoring and minting policy since late 2018 early 2019. All above major factors as mentioned earlier will affect the actual mintage of 2020 gold panda coins.

In summary, 2020 GOLD panda actual minted Mintage will significant affect and reduce as compare to previous few years due to the above factors. It can be an opportunity for you to get in some sizes with lower actual minted gold panda. I guess 15 g and 8 are the 2 better bet for all sizes as lower actual minted mintage as compare to others sizes.

You can private message me via andrewlee10@hotmail.com if you like to know my basis of deriving the choices of the sizes. However, reply will not be immediate and random base on my personal time.

www.numicconnection.com Here our webpage for all numic & other collectible items.

I am not affiliated to chinessemedals.com and Barsenault since May 2017. You will notice a soap opera and drama are happening.

email andrewlee10@hotmail.com for forum member application. Non-member unable view photo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk