Author Topic: collections  (Read 280 times)

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
    • www.numicconnection.com
Re: collections
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 05:49:15 PM »
I love the 89 to present but I get great joy from the expo anniversary and other special extras they all add to the depth of the collection

Do you chase varieties ? In fact it is never ending story if you get into the collection.
www.numicconnection.com Here our webpage for all numic & other collectible items.

I am not affiliated to chinessemedals.com and Barsenault since May 2017. You will notice a soap opera and drama are happening.

email andrewlee10@hotmail.com for forum member application. Non-member unable view photo

Offline Silverdale

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 10:51:38 PM »
I love the 89 to present but I get great joy from the expo anniversary and other special extras they all add to the depth of the collection

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 07:05:17 PM »
Friend of mine suggest this 4 pieces as collection. it is rare and not so expensive.
1. 1995 1oz silver panda small twig and small date
2. 1999 1oz silver panda large date serif 1
3. 2000 1oz silver panda mirrored ring
4. 2001 1oz silver panda small D

The 2001 1 oz silver panda small D has been cited by china mint forum of poconopenn as faked coin by using an article by a ex-shanghai mint management staff. This has brought up conspiracy theory and unhappiness among members in the forum.

In facts, the mandarin article stated the 2001 1oz silver panda small D coin is "Fantasy coin" instead of Faked coins. Poconopenn is chinese who can read and write mandarin well. Foods of thought the reason he twist the article and put the fake news in forum. This is not the first BUT last of his action and few others. In facts, the mandarin article did stated it is real coin minted by authorised China official mint BUT not under plan. It can be many reasons so he name it as "Fantasy coin" instead of FAKE twisted by Poconopenn in china mint forum.

https://coins.thefuntimesguide.com/fantasy_coins/
What Are Fantasy Coins?

If fantasy coins sound, um, rather fantastic, there’s a reason for that… fantasy coins are essentially coins that could have been made but actually weren’t.

If that sounds confusing, it really isn’t.

Fantasy coins are made to portray something that never happened or, in many cases, act as coins that might have been made at a certain point in history but for whatever reason didn’t ever materialize.

An example of a fantasy coin would be something like a piece featuring John McCain or Al Gore as president (which almost happened in both cases, but never did).

Oh, But I Thought Fantasy Coins Were…

…If you think fantasy coins mean those which are so expensive and rare that you’ll probably never own one, you’re right, too — to a degree. Many coin collectors refer to the ultra-rare, iconic rarities like the 1913 Liberty nickel and 1804 Bust silver dollar as fantasy coins.

Fantasy coins can also refer to unauthorized strikings of coins combining designs that were never meant to be paired together — like a Jefferson nickel obverse with a Buffalo nickel reverse.

After reading the above extraded article which give you a better ideas of Fantasy coins. This also the reason 2001 1oz silver panda small D was chased by collectors and willing to pay a high price. Current soft market value would be around 500-1200 for MS69-70. However, you need to meet a seller who willing to sell at this low price at soft market. If the collectors with holding power which you will hardly see it and buy it at this low price.

www.numicconnection.com Here our webpage for all numic & other collectible items.

I am not affiliated to chinessemedals.com and Barsenault since May 2017. You will notice a soap opera and drama are happening.

email andrewlee10@hotmail.com for forum member application. Non-member unable view photo

Offline mynumismatic88

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 07:09:20 AM »
Friend of mine suggest this 4 pieces as collection. it is rare and not so expensive.
1. 1995 1oz silver panda small twig and small date
2. 1999 1oz silver panda large date serif 1
3. 2000 1oz silver panda mirrored ring
4. 2001 1oz silver panda small D

Offline Silverdale

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 10:06:46 PM »
Great video

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 07:47:35 PM »
Hi all, as we are all new to the forum I just wondering what pandas do you collect
Myself goes only for 1oz NGC graded 1989 to present
No showpandas or anniversary, only standard with variations

I collect almost all which 1 oz silver NGC 1989 to present is small part of my collection.

Offline Agpanda

collections
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 12:57:03 PM »
 Hi all, as we are all new to the forum I just wondering what pandas do you collect
Myself goes only for 1oz NGC graded 1989 to present
No showpandas or anniversary, only standard with variations

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk