Author Topic: Fiat (legal tender) vs Non fiat (non legal tender) aka medal discussion  (Read 238 times)

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
    • www.numicconnection.com
Fiat (legal tender) vs Non fiat (non legal tender) aka medal discussion
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 01:24:04 AM »
Let see this MS70 1995 1/2 oz gold panda fiat coin bidding price next week.

upload image
www.numicconnection.com Here our webpage for all numic & other collectible items.

I am not affiliated to chinessemedals.com and Barsenault since May 2017. You will notice a soap opera and drama are happening.

email andrewlee10@hotmail.com for forum member application. Non-member unable view photo

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
As always I do not talk and write without evidence as others did. I post the pictures and evidences for you here all times.

www.numicconnection.com Here our webpage for all numic & other collectible items.

I am not affiliated to chinessemedals.com and Barsenault since May 2017. You will notice a soap opera and drama are happening.

email andrewlee10@hotmail.com for forum member application. Non-member unable view photo

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
I have checked and obtained the data of most disputed 1995 1/2 oz gold panda coins sold transaction in the prominent auction house in China from 2014 - 2019.

There are 28 sold transaction for NGC/PCGS MS69 from 2014-2019 with the following data:-

Year    Sold transaction No    Average price (RMB)
2019        3                               70,000
2018           2                               73,667
2017           5                             210,000
2016    8                             361,200
2015           3                               41,567
2014           7                               67,733

From the table and timeline which you notice 2017 is highest price and transaction sold  as comparison with 2014 average price. The price is 5 times highest vs 2014. The trend sustain till the second year (2016). However, it go sharp fall back after the hype over in 2018 & 2019. This trick have been played by collectors and dealers from time to time.

Thus, as wise consumer and collectors which you must read read read research research research everywhere instead of listen to specific person and sources ONLY. This applicable for western coins and other collectible items too.

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
The 2019 few fiat coin like the China, Macao and Hong Kong bridge and 2019 70th China Russia diplomat relationship silver panda are another good example which legal tender fiat coins that cut significant mintage as compare to previous years.

After the hype initially which dealers start to dump price at 10%, 20%, 30%, 40%, 50% and even 60% lower than the peak price as discussed in http://chinacoinsforum.com/index.php?topic=47.0

This is another example of price down is not specially for medal aka non fiat coin ONLY.

Here the example that which medal aka noin fiat coin depend on sponsor and official mint vs non official mint fpr price sensitiveness.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=garden+panda+medal&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

After minus the grading fee of 35 USD not even consider the paypal fee and postage that the item sell for loss and FOC. Bad item by sponsor and private mint BUT good for buyer get FOC items after minusing the garding fee. This means you pay the garding fee and get a FOPC medal and free shipping.

Therefore, must research well before decision making and not just hearsay ONLY. too many half baked information and fake news in market in order to hype and profit. Price will up price will also down. Pay the money as tuition fee and not blame others since it is your decision that non use a gun point to you head and say buy it. I think some buyers must hate the bump and dump person influence them in buying into this death stock and suffer. Are they wrong? Yes in certain way BUT the buyer also wrong because it is your decision not them and none of them use a gun to point into your head and say buy it or I shot you. 

My sponsor items more resist to price drop as compare to other sponsors BUT might be an ill person try to dump in .99 bidding soon. However, he does not has many stock at all because I never take my items as commodity like other sponsors who dump to recoup cash even loss after the items cannot sell even they hype say it is fast gone sold out. lie lie all the times high. They have another tactic when things go sour and bad they hide themselves for a while and time will erase their lies so newbies will get in and repeat the same cycle for their personal gain. This is no exceptional for legal tender coin too.  So buy what you like and do more research is crucial and not depending on half baked information.

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
Fiat (legal tender) vs Non fiat (non legal tender) aka medal discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 02:24:53 AM »
China Mint forum hate non fiat coins and shiting on it. However, they do not spill on few senior members who speak of no fiat coin aka medal. In the other way they praise on them. It is triple standard on themselves. It is just an old boy club rubbing on each other back. However, there many knowledgeable members there too.

They has no courage and dare not even mention the significant drop of price of fiat coin to support their view of non fiat coins have dropped significantly.

The 1/2 oz 1995 gold panda fiat coin is one of the typical example which drop from 20K to 10K. The 1998 gold panda too.

The 2001 small d silver panda and the 1995 micro date silver panda which have dropped more than 50% of peak price.

China legal tender and non legal tender have their own customer segment. The different is fiat coin with higher mintage and higher number of collector BUT non fiat coin has lower mintage and lower number of collectors. Thus, both base on demand and supply too and both are no as liquid as bullion play since it is numic.

Therefore, this tell us which you need to be more careful and do more homework in purchasing decision making.

Generally, in late 2018 & 2019 china Fiat coin always hype during release timing than go low after the hype is over. This also happen in early year except from 2016 to mid 2018 for many new modern china legal tender coins.

As non fiat which depend on sponsor and official mint vs non official mint. More information need to obtain for right decision making vs legal tender coin.

Hopefully this information help. I will write more on and off for this matter. However, take note time and situation change which the decision making will change. Therefore, this general guides will change too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk